[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Mapping disputed boundaries (Version 1.5)

Johnparis okosm at johnfreed.com
Sat Dec 15 21:18:54 UTC 2018

I have just posted version 1.5 of my proposal on mapping disputed
boundaries. It incorporates private feedback on how to eliminate the Zones
of Control.

Each time I think it can't be simplified, someone suggests a way to
simplify it!

*Changelog*

   - *Version 1.5*
      - Eliminating Zones of Control as concept.
         - Permitting claimed_by and controlled_by tags to be placed
         directly on administrative boundary relations, eliminating those (now
         redundant) Zones of Control
         - Other Zones of Control become Boundary Claim relations.
      - *Version 1.4.2*
      - Changing Crimea example to conform to current administrative
      boundary.
   - *Version 1.4.1*
      - Changing "all" keyword to a list for the value of the
      "controlled_by" tag.
      - Adding "UN" as a special value for the "controlled_by" tag.

Thanks to everyone who gave public and private feedback. I've archived some
of the comments that are no longer applicable.

The proposal is here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Mapping_disputed_boundaries

John