[Tagging] how to map soft story/soft storey buildings properly?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 23:15:24 UTC 2018

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 10:49 PM Stefano Maffulli <smaffulli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Question for the community: does it make sense to add soft story
> information using the key building:soft_storey=y/n (similar to
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:fireproof) or should I
> use building:structure=soft_storey?

Ask yourself how you'd handle a concrete soft story building and I think
the answer is clear.  And it's
also clear that building:structure is not really a good key for dealing
with concrete/masonry, and that
building:material might have been better.  But that decision was made too
long ago to change now.
Since soft story and concrete are kinda orthogonal, using
building:structure to handle both is
problematic and will only lead to another battle over semicolons.

--
Paul