[Tagging] how to map soft story/soft storey buildings properly?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 02:32:01 UTC 2018

Is "soft storey" something that is officially declared, or would it only be
based on an individual mappers opinion?

As it refers to the possibly enhanced danger of a building collapsing
during an earthquake, are we leaving ourselves open to potential complaints
from a building owner that we have listed that building as "dangerous",
usually based solely on an external viewing by a (probably) unqualified
person?

Thanks

Graeme