[Tagging] how to map soft story/soft storey buildings properly?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:23:48 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 17. Dec 2018, at 13:34, Sergio Manzi <smz at smz.it> wrote:
>
> I added emphasys to part of your quote to underline how I fail to understand how a "structural detail" cannot be construed as a sub-key of... structure.

you should rather have looked at the whole thread, I was replying to this paragraph by the OT: “I'm not convinced soft_storey should be its own key or rather a structural characteristic of a building. For example, building:structure is widely used to tell if buildings are made of masonry, reinforced concrete, etc. It would make sense for soft_storey to be a value of that key.  https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/building:structure”

Cheers, Martin