[Tagging] Glamping

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:17:02 UTC 2018

I think I could tag "my" glamping place as amenity=camp_site by extending
the tags for camp site
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site>
I notice that it has tagging for static caravans and cabins, but not for
static tents, which is a frequent feature anyway at many camp sites (e.g.
in the UK). It is also lacking the possibility to give the capacity for
these categories in numbers, it only shows yes/no as options.
The luxury of the place can be tagged with camp_site=deluxe

So we would have something like
amenity=camp_site
camp_site=deluxe
static_tents=4
beds=xx
tents=no
caravans=no
static_caravans=no
cabins=no

One could use also
camp_site:type=glamping

Volker

On 21 Dec 2018 10:36 am, "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

Am Fr., 21. Dez. 2018 um 01:29 Uhr schrieb Nelson A. de Oliveira <
naoliv at gmail.com>:

> Maybe stars https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:stars#Camp_sites
> could be used to distinguish the different camping sites classes?

the stars we are using for hotels are not arbitrarily chosen by us, but (at
least in Europe) are those assigned by the hotelstars association.
If we were to use such generic classes for camp sites they will have to be
verifiable. I'd prefer describing what distinguishes the places, rather
than summing it up in a 1-5 category.

Cheers,
Martin