[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:12:17 UTC 2018

Maybe I misinterpreted information I got from another source. I've checked
and found info like this:
https://www.nps.gov/search/?affiliate=nps&query=trailhead . I found several
sites listing named trailheads for specific parks with # parking spaces and
other details.

The route starting points in Nederland are multimodal, named, have to
fulfill some requirements,  and are recognizable in the field as such by
some kind of landmark feature such as an oversize green grass halm, cone of
stones, oversize key. They were occasionally mapped as tourism=artwork. We
would not consider any waymarked path leading into a nature area to be a
trailhead. A verifyable name would be required, at least.

Vr gr Peter Elderson