[Tagging] Trailhead tagging

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:55:01 UTC 2018

On 21/12/2018 18:12, Peter Elderson wrote:

> The route starting points in Nederland are multimodal, named, have to
> fulfill some requirements,  and are recognizable in the field as such
> by some kind of landmark feature such as an oversize green grass halm,
> cone of stones, oversize key. They were occasionally mapped as
> tourism=artwork. We would not consider any waymarked path leading into
> a nature area to be a trailhead. A verifyable name would be required,
> at least.

Taking an example that I'm at least a little bit familiar with, I
suspect that it's a bit of a stretch calling
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6141097057 a trailhead - if memory
serves it's just an info board describing the area between Castricum and
the sea?  I don't remember seeing anything else there.

Best Regards,

Andy