[Tagging] Road blocks?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 01:05:50 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 25. Dec 2018, at 00:03, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Roads are cut to all private vehicles, Council vehicles can enter the work zone but not get all the way through (as there's a 20' wide trench across the road!). Pedestrians & cyclists can get through on one side only, across a temporary footbridge - guess I need to add that in as well?

yes, if you decided to add the temporary variations it seems consequential to do add pedestrian specifics as well.

I would not count on the node barrier alone for banning public traffic, the ways should also get a tag about the current status, e.g. highway=construction and construction=*

Cheers, Martin