[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Top up

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu Dec 27 00:53:13 UTC 2018

On 26.12.2018 19:05, bkil wrote:
> Please don't confuse top ups with refilling:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Refilling_a_purchased_drink

No I don't confuse it. The refilling proposal is about refills without additional charge.
To top-up a drink is purchasing a new one without wasting another clean glass.

> I think "top up" is standard terminology in the UK for increasing the balance of prepaid mobile
> phone accounts.

By which standard? I think it is marketing slang, as it makes no sense semantically.

> top_up:credit_card:‹brand›=yes;no

As said, if the amount is pre-paid, it is not a credit card. It might be a debit card because you
have to have the money in advance.

tom