[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Top up

Daniele Santini danysan95 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 19:02:40 UTC 2018

> "phone" is better than "prepaid" because prepaid doesn't tell you whether
> this is about phone, public transport, parking, drinks, or whatever.

 This tag is not only about phones. It includes prepaid public transport
cards, prepaid credit cards, ...
Otherwise the prepaid_top_up=<type> would not be necessary!

> The term "network" as intended for payment networks is not clear in this
> context. At least it should be payment-network if it cannot be expressed
> differently. For payment systems and methods there are already established
> tags:
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=payment

If I understand correctly from
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:payment the payment:* keys specify
which payment network can be used to pay (where you take the money from).
If I understood correctly from the mailing list networks like PayPoint are
different, they allow you to top up prepaid credit and to pay other things
(where you put the money in). So I don't think payment:* is correct here.

--
Daniele Santini
http://www.dsantini.it