[Tagging] 'Unknown' value.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 16:30:20 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 4. Feb 2018, at 12:44, OSMDoudou <19b350d2-b1b3-4edb-ad96-288ea1238eee at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> If your analysis shows these tags don't add value (this is to say: don't make a gigantic update on places you haven't reviewed), you better remove them (possibly with a comment on the changeset explaining you're removing tags which don't make sense).

I don’t think they should be batch removed, I see them as a kind of fixme tag, which might have been applied because the mapper thought an important property needs resurvey, especially barrier=unknown or access=unknown on barriers may indicate a high probability for access restrictions (e.g. you can see in the aerial imagery the shadow of some kind of barrier but don’t know more). I would be in favor of batch removing those unknown that have been batch introduced but not those inserted individually

cheers,
Martin