[Tagging] How to tag sports halls?

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 23:08:19 UTC 2018

Neither do I understand why building=yes is suggested in the wiki
instead of building=*, allowing more specifix building types. But I
think this is a minor problem

More complicated / important to me seem the other questions about (1.)
the mapping of indoor pitches and (2.) about the recent changes that
recommend leisure=sports_centre for normal sports halls and also for
other buildings (e.g. riding halls) that no one would call sports
centres. leisure=sports_hall is only used 22 times so far, therefore I
don't think we can recommend to use that instead of
leisure=sports_centre. But can'r we just leave away leisure=* where it
does not fit and just use building=* + sport=* ? Can we write in the
wiki that building=* is sufficient as a physical tag for sport=* and
that leisure=sports_centre should only be used if the building is really
a sports centre in the real world? More or less like that. This would
make more sense to me than the current examples which will lead people
to tag buildings as sports centres even if they are just normal sports
halls, riding halls, etc. What for? Why should we recommend that?

---