[Tagging] Is there some established tag for free days at museums (and other object)?
matkoniecz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:01:25 UTC 2018
Is there some established way to tag things such as
- museums fees are waived on Tuesdays
- museums fees are waived on Sundays, only for standard expositions
(temporary expositions are still paid)
- museums fees are waived on winter Sundays, only for standard
expositions (temporary expositions are still paid)
Note that in this case I at least plan on tagging such objects in my
city and then making map from OSM data and sharing it, so it is not
100% abstract proposal for mapping something without use.
I strongly prefer to avoid putting some complicated conditions into fee
tag as I think that fee tag should contain binary yes/no value (is it
typically paid) to make it usable without requiring full blown opening
I thought about tagging it with two tags
- free_entrance tag, with syntax the same as opening hours
- free_entrance_coverage, with "full" for unlimited free entrance and
"unchanging_exhibition" for free entrance not covering changing
exhibition (probably there is a better name for that). I expect that
free_entrance_coverage may need also other values in other regions.
For somebody wishing to tag more complicated situation, one may use
tag pairs to tag things like "left wing has free entrance on Tuesdays,
right wing has free entrance on Saturdays".
More information about the Tagging