[Tagging] How to tag sports halls?

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 06:11:41 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 1:42 PM, Hufkratzer <hufkratzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> 8.2.2018 09:20, Selfish Seahorse wrote:

 We can suggest / allow both, but I if the building=* tag is mandatory for
> sports halls I still can't see the reason why the tag leisure=spots_hall
> should be mandatory too. If we have something tagged with

Because building says something about the type of building, not about
the activities held in the building.
A building=sports_hall can now be a amenity=events_venue,
place_of_worship, community_centre.
A building=sports_hall does not have to be used for sports. If it is
used for sports, there has to be a leisure=sports_hall tag.

m.