[Tagging] Tagging (or not) work from home businesses

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 01:26:57 UTC 2018

In our area, there are quite a few residential houses where the occupier
works from home, & has a sign out the front to say Fred Smith Electrician
or Bill Jones Accountant etc, usually together with their phone number.

How should we tag these, or should we tag them at all?

I know we "tag what we can see" so if there's a sign there saying Bill
Jones Accountant, we should tag the premises as office=accountant, with
name, phone number & so on.

However, I've also seen mention that we shouldn't disclose personal
details, so *shouldn't* say that Bill Jones lives at this address & here's
his phone number.

Is there an OSM policy on this sort of thing?

Thanks

Graeme