[Tagging] AutoEdit rename roof:slope:direction to roof:direction

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sun Feb 11 10:09:17 UTC 2018

On 10.02.2018 17:55, User Rebo wrote:
> Update: Since now I have 4 positive responses (via OSM messages or
> forum). And no objections.
> Can start renaming?

I think the consensus is sufficiently clear to proceed. Nevertheless, it
would still be nice to create a small wiki page to document your plans
as mentioned in the Automated Edits code of conduct¹. Some of the things
you mentioned here (such as the conversion table between
roof:ridge:direction values and roof:direction values) would be a good
example of what to put on that page.

Have you already decided what tool you're going to use to perform the
change? I believe you initially mentioned that you weren't sure yet what
software would be best to use.

Also keep in mind that the code of conduct recommends the following:
"Execute only a small number of edits with a new bot before requesting
and waiting for feedback before proceeding with larger edits." So after
doing your first handful of changes, it would be nice to inform the list
so we can review them. Alternatively, you could share the planned
changes with us as an .osm file or in a similar format before uploading
them – whatever works best with your intended tools.

¹ https://wiki.osm.org/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct