[Tagging] Proposed features - RFC 2 - Pressurized waterways

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 00:05:55 UTC 2018

Le 14. 02. 18 à 00:51, Warin a écrit :
> OSM unfortunately 'maps what is there' .. not "hardware"/"use".

a water flow is there -> waterway=* (the same logic as for highway=*)
we already map "hardware" for road (surface) for building
(building:material). did we need to delete those ?

> In the diagram
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/thumb/e/e6/Waterway_flows.png/500px-Waterway_flows.png
> The upper ones may well be man made - so the tags waterway=canal,
> tunnel=yes could be replace by
> man_made=pipeline ..
1) a tunnel is not a pipeline !
2) not having a waterway=* is bad beaucase it break the continuity of
the water network.
By analogy, when a trunk go into a tunnel,
we don't replace highway=trunk by tunnel=trunk
but we keep a continuity of highway=* network by having on tag
for "road network" and another tag for the tunnel it-self.

Regards,
Marc