[Tagging] Proposed features - RFC 2 - Pressurized waterways

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:03:02 UTC 2018

> IMHO you'll have to look at these one by one. "waterway=pressurised" is
> still in your proposal, so I think we are talking also about this.

I agree and only meant we need a meaningful value to put waterway=* on pipe
flow water ways.
Looking one by one is already done on this chart:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Waterway_manmade_structures.png

> not sure if waterway=pipe makes sense? From what I read, "culvert" is
> describing that a waterway is flowing under something else, so it is not
> generally applicable for waterways in tubes.

Both pipe and culvert aren't so good since it mix content and containers.
Not all pressurised waterways are in pipe nor culvert.

At least waterway=closed_space but it has less meaning than
waterway=pressurised.

According to this logic (split content from containers), waterway=canal
should be replaced with waterway=river + canal=* and waterway=drain
replaced by waterway=stream + canal=drain + intermittent=yes
But it's out of scope of my proposal and it can't be done without massive
re-tagging on existing features.
Then I go on with waterway=canal for man made diverted water ways.