[Tagging] wayside shrine tag definition page

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 08:44:23 UTC 2018

> This column seems to be like that - a religious object dedicated to a
> worshipped spirit right there, nearby, or a place for locals to leave small
> offerings to the dedicated spirit/dieity/god. Can be a small case for
> holding very small objects or accepting donations as well.

This seems to imply that wayside_cross is a subclass of wayside shrine (all
instances of crosses are also shrines)?

What about this:
http://view.stern.de/de/picture/2339744/hegner-maria-madonna-wandgemaelde-maria-licht-1920.jpg
similar to this:
http://c8.alamy.com/compde/ddybhx/nische-mit-einer-statue-der-maria-und-jesuskind-garmisch-partenkirchen-bayern-ddybhx.jpg

Although the former, like the cross or the column, do not "enshrine"
anything (you mentioned enshrining and I would agree it is a good criterion
for shrines).

Cheers,
Martin