[Tagging] Cycling "service area"

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sun Feb 18 12:08:05 UTC 2018

Javbw

> On Feb 18, 2018, at 10:11 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> service _area:hgv=yes

Isn't a highway=services already for HGV ?

The issue I ran into is highway=services that are not on a motorway (a Japanese road station) - but how does a facility "cater to" HGV and cyclists at the same time? I know I can get rest and food at a highway=services  along a trunk road, but it is a place not tailored to cyclists. The Cycle_service_area that led me to think of this tag doesn't even have a single designated car parking spot!

The other issue is that highway=service_area already has an automatic redirect page to highway=services on the wiki. Creating this tag value is probably a bad idea.

Considering motor_vehecles have highway=services, creating 3 tags: cycle_service_area, foot_service_area and bridle_service_area would match the three types of current non-motor ways.

I am unsure that is is the best idea, but the idea of matching the existing _path types seems proper.

Javbw.