[Tagging] Cycling "service area"

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 15:40:21 UTC 2018

At present the wiki says that highway=services is mainly for motorways and
similar roads, but we have many places now that look like highway=services,
but are on single carriageway roads and offer similar  services, but are
tagged as amenity=fuel.
I am only pointing out that the dividing line between the different tagging
approaches is blurry, and invite you to consider extending the meaning of
the highway=services key instead of creating a new service_area tag that
would apply everywhere bar motorways and other dual-carriageway roads, and
would "compete" with amenity=fuel.