[Tagging] Cycling "service area"

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Feb 18 18:48:36 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 4:52 AM, nwastra <nwastra at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also find the highway=cycle_service_area tag is both useful and
> specific enough to be a widely used tag if documented on the osm cycling
> pages.

Indeed, it's something I would use if properly documented; we call them
plaza zones in Tulsa, but the concept is identical (restrooms, shade,
water, and picnic facilities at a minimum, sometimes vending for snacks and
spare parts/tools, a bicycle repair stand, shower, car parking and/or bus
stop for transloading to a different mode, playground or an outdoor gym...).