[Tagging] Proposed features - RFC 2 - Pressurized waterways

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 16:00:54 UTC 2018

pon, 19. velj 2018. u 19:18 François Lacombe <fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com>
napisao je:

> Are we talking about a new value like waterway=aqueduct ?

I would really like a new waterway value because the ones we have are too
restricting. "River" and "stream" cover natural waterways, and man made
values are:

1. canal - big enough to be used by boats
2. drain - for carrying superfluous water away, concrete walls
3. ditch - the same as drain but without concrete

We need a value for man made waterways that aren't used for carrying water
away, but for bringing water somewhere.

Waterway=aqueduct looks ok to me, although, in the Wikipedia page for
aqueduct, bringing water to hydro power stations is never mentioned. But I
think it's ok to use that value for that use.

Janko