[Tagging] "service" tags in general (for shops)

Thilo Haug OSM thaug at gmx.de
Sat Feb 24 11:53:26 UTC 2018

Hello all,

instead of debating every single shop (details),
I'm in favor of using a name scheme which applies to all (kind "grammar"
for it).

In the context of the printer_ink shop discussion I stumbled on the
"service" tags of
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dcopyshop

IMHO service:computer=yes/no or service:phone=yes/no
doesn't make sense at all, as nobody knows WHICH "service" is meant.
It would be better to take the "main" tag (of shop=*) as the leading item,
such as
computer:sales=yes/no
computer:parts=yes/no
computer:repair=yes/no
computer:rental=yes/no
computer:[whateverrismeantby"service"]=yes/no

...and to use this scheme for all shop services.

Cheers,
Thilo