[Tagging] departures_board vs. passenger_information_display

Johnparis okosm at johnfreed.com
Mon Feb 26 08:29:41 UTC 2018

AgusQui has noticed that the two keys mentioned in the subject line are
essentially duplicates.

I think passenger_information_display is more useful, as it can include
arrivals as well as departures. It also outnumbers departures_board by
about six to one.

The departures_board key does have a useful subkey of realtime. I would
suggest adding the following multivalue options:

passenger_information_display = yes/no/realtime/static

... where "static" would cover the printed versions proposed in the
departures_board page. Alternatively it could be a subkey:

passenger_information_display:realtime = yes/no

I frankly don't find it useful to make a distinction between printed
timetables with times vs. printed timetables with intervals (Paris mixes
the two anyhow).

If folks think this is a good idea (and making departures_board
deprecated), I could write up a formal proposal.

John