[Tagging] "service" tags in general (for shops)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 08:42:23 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 24. Feb 2018, at 14:27, Johnparis <okosm at johnfreed.com> wrote:
>
> To Thilo's questions:
>
> 1) amenity=printer is for an establishment that offers printing services. It is not a shop that sells printers.

IMHO this is not a good tag, because “printer” can mean a machine or a person, and amenity doesn’t provide context.

For the person/profession, “craft=printer” seems better, for the service I’d use shop=printing_service or sth. similar and less ambiguous. Shop should be used for businesses offering products or services.

Cheers,
Martin