[Tagging] Water source types

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 21:50:38 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 9. Jan 2018, at 18:21, Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl> wrote:
>
> Currently we show only amenity=drinking_water, but there are also:
>
> - man_made=water_tap
> - amenity=water_point
> - man_made=water_well (including optional tag pump=powered/manual)

We also show amenity=fountain.

there’s also waterway=water_point and there are the drinking_water and drinkable properties. And man_made=water_tank, landuse=reservoir and there’s bottled water of course.

I wouldn’t show man_made=water_tap because it’s either also drinking water, or there’s not much interest in showing it in this general purpose map. I would consider showing wells, because some of them are significant, and would tend to not include water points in the general map (or only at zoom 20+)

cheers,
Martin