[Tagging] Water source types

Selfish Seahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 08:38:00 UTC 2018

On 10 January 2018 at 01:49, Daniel Koć <daniel at koć.pl> wrote:
> I would say that amenity=drinking_water is a general source of the high
> quality water and it would be good to make it more specific if possible -
> adding tap, well and pump tags would be nice.

Because drinking water is a *property* of sources, water wells,
fountains, drinking fountains (bubblers) etc., I think it makes more
sense to tag these objects and to add drinking_water=yes tags
(discouraging the use of `amenity=drinking_water`).

As for the rendering, I like how OsmAnd renders drinking_water=yes/no:
with a drop overlay that is blue for drinking_water=yes [^1] and grey
for drinking_water=no [^2].

[^1]: https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd-resources/blob/master/icons/svg/overlays/drinking_water_yes.svg
[^2]: https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd-resources/blob/master/icons/svg/overlays/drinking_water_no.svg