[Tagging] Surface value for irregular, flat stones with variable gaps

Cez jod czuyaa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:11:47 UTC 2018

Hi.
"I think this cobblestone:flattened can be a good value"
In my opinion no.
Because it does not create a regular shape in any way.
surface=cobblestone/cobblestone:flattened was roads created from local
rough stones(left by the glacier) stones are rounded by nature(smoothed by
glaciers) just like the stones on the beach. I think the definition (text,
photos) surface = cooblestone covers the areas covered by the severe
glaciation. For areas more to the south of the last glaciation, in the
mountains I think definition should be extended, redefined or a new tag
should be created.
Creating a road with one color or fancy patterns with cobblestone is
impossible.
"not with the current definition in the wiki, but with intented usage by
mappers"
mappers sometimes adding wrong values, for example: here 1 & 2

"Could you fix your e-mail program?"
I have a problem with writing back individually to messages.

1.https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/52.52853/17.20983&layers=N
2.
https://www.google.pl/maps/@52.5283324,17.2117196,3a,89.9y,300.47h,50.17t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZ6yWj3avJe4jdBtRQN1kXA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Regards