[Tagging] Water source types

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 14:25:57 UTC 2018

> On 16-Jan-18 02:44 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Nasona_a_via_annia_faustina_2.JPG
>

> I would find that difficult to drink from .... Have to get on my hands and
> knees, rotate head at least 90 degrees ... not easy.

actually, the difficult ones are these:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZB-q_AyXVGc/U5cH0yjx1sI/AAAAAAAABEo/qdh2rmwQS9k/s1600/foto_4apr2009-008.jpg
because there is too much water and you will be splashing water all around.

this is the hole at the top:
http://www.visitlazio.com/documents/563196/597323/nasone_sfondo.jpg/8644cd34-20ef-463a-9e4e-666a1c7bcd08?t=1399032964489?t=1399025764489&imageThumbnail=3

so you can drink easily:
https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/08/9f/7b/fa/nasoni-fontanelle-pubbliche.jpg

> if you don't have a cup, you can block the water at the end of the tube
> and it will jet out of the tiny hole in the middle of the tube.
>
> Arr ... so a wet hand/thumb.
>
> To me this is a combination of tap and drinking fountain.

people use them also for washing themselves. Our tagging for this type is

amenity=drinking_water
fountain=nasone (that's the name of the type)

I guess it is the most common type around here, but we're still collecting
data to verify it ;-)

Cheers,
Martin