[Tagging] Short-term parking zones

Stefan Nagy stefan.nagy at posteo.net
Tue Jan 23 23:20:28 UTC 2018

Am Dienstag, den 16.01.2018, 11:43 -0600 schrieb Paul Johnson:
> On Jan 16, 2018 05:36, "Stefan Nagy" <stefan.nagy at posteo.net> wrote:
> > Am 16.01.2018 12:10 schrieb marc marc:
> > > we probably need to work on "default values".
> > > but no one seems motivated to work on the proposal.
> >
> > Is 'default values' a better word for what I called 'implicit
> > values' before or are you talking about something else?
>
> That's how I read it.  Would be handy for situations that frequently
> come up, like the speed limit of an area unless otherwise posted
> being a specific value, or like U turns being blanket banned anywhere
> with a traffic light in the City of Tulsa and State of Oregon.

I'm not so sure… I was thinking about simple shortcuts (good documented
specific values) so that a mapper can tag a road simply by adding
something like parking:lane:both=parallel +
parking:condition:both=AT:ViennaSTPZ1 and data users would be able to
translate AT:ViennaSTPZ1 into several usual parking:condition:both-
values like for example parking:condition:both:maxstay=2h +
parking:condition:both:fee_per_hour=€1 +
parking:condition:both:residents=A +
parking:condition:both:time_interval=Mo-Fr 09:00-19:00.

When we use boudary relations to define default parking conditions I
guess a lot of (at least new) mappers wouldn't know that there's a
parking condition default value defined in the boundary of the city
district (or the city or the state…).

When I'm a new mapper and I find a strange maxspeed or parking
condition value when I edit a road I can have a look in the wiki for
more information.

--
E-Mails signieren & verschlüsseln · https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/de/