[Tagging] Public art definition

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Jan 26 20:00:09 UTC 2018

During discussing rendering of artwork in Louvre:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3031

it became non obvious to me what is the "public art" and what should be
definition on the wiki:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dartwork

Currently it's defined as "A tag for public pieces of art", but it's
interesting if artworks at permanent exhibition in museum with tickets
can be tagged this way or it has to be tagged as for example
exhibition=artwork (or maybe amenity=artwork in general)?

This way or another fixing rendering will be easy (if this is proper
tagging, we have indoor=yes to select and hide such objects), but the
tagging definition should be more detailed first.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]