[Tagging] Spanish "manors"

César Martínez Izquierdo cesar.izq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 14:47:49 UTC 2018

Thanks for all the suggestions.

My conclusion is that "manor" is suitable in this case as the value of
the historic tag.
I understand it should also be used on the building tag, although this
value it is not listed on Wiki.

Therefore, following the examples previously provided, I'd use:

- For a manor that now is used as a hotel:
building=manor
historic=manor
tourism=hotel

- For a manor that is now a museum:
building=manor
historic=manor
tourism=museum

The historic + building tagging may look redundant, but I think it is
necessary to note that the building has historic relevance.

César

On 4 July 2018 at 16:24, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Le 04. 07. 18 à 15:51, Jmapb a écrit :

>>> the building tag is what the building look like
>>> so building=castel for exemple
>>>
>>> the current use of a bulding is building:use
>>> so for exemple building:use=residential
>>>
>> This is my understanding as well -- populate the building tag with
>> architectural style or original use. (So in this case, maybe
>> building=manor and building:use=hotel, though I suppose tourism=hotel
>> indicates the building's use pretty well.)
>
> yes tourism=hotel is more common than building:use=hotel
> So building=manor/castel + tourism=hotel is the more common (good) tag
> to describe a hotel in a building that look like a manor/castel
>
>> The exception that I've seen is building=public -- this seems most often
>> to indicate the current use rather than the style.
>
> it's why it's depreciated a long time ago.

   César Martínez Izquierdo
   GIS developer
   SCOLAB: http://www.scolab.es