[Tagging] psychics

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 23:08:32 UTC 2018

On 05/07/18 08:59, Jmapb wrote:
> On 7/4/2018 4:29 PM, Paul Allen wrote:
>> Seems OK to me.  They're selling after-life insurance.  Pay your
>> tithe or put money on the collection plate and you
>> go to heaven.  And there's a money-back guarantee: if you don't go to
>> heaven, or there's no afterlife at all, simply
>> return and make a complaint and they'll give you your money back.
>> They've never had to pay up under that
>> guarantee in the thousands of years they've been operating.  That
>> shows how good they are.
>
> So, access=saps?
>
> This reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask the list... I've
> got a lot of psychics in the area. I've been tagging them shop=psychic
> because that's what the signs say, but I don't really feel OSM ought
> to be endorsing unverifiable claims of supernatural power.
> shop=charlatan seems a little judgemental. So I was considering
> changing them to shop=fortune_teller. I think this will cover
> psychics, palmists, tea-leafists, tarot readers, etc. What do people
> think?

Shops sell physical objects e.g. bread, vegetables, paper.

These .. people .. don't sell physical objects .. so they are not a
shop. There are, at best, an office.

office=charlatan would cover far too many 'services' e.g. politicians,
financial advisors, etc...
I think the term 'fortune_teller' would also fail to be specific
enough.. possibly a sub tag is needed?
fortune_teller=financial/general/love ?