[Tagging] Town Currencies

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:28:59 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Andrew Hain <andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

> You could try something following https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:
> payment like payment:bristol_pound=yes.
>
> Looking at that wiki page, surely it would be better to subtag it:
payment:local_currency=bristol_pound

I say this because the OP mentioned a gift voucher (I wasn't sure if he
meant it was actually a gift voucher of the
sort you can buy anywhere, or the Bristol Pound equivalent of a gift
voucher, or he had a gift voucher and it led
him to wonder how to tag Bristol Pounds).  Again, from the wiki page, a
shop that accepts (say) Foo gift vouchers
would be tagged as payment:token=foo.  Since a lot of other payment methods
on that page are subtagged,
payment:local_currency=* would be the way to go.

--
Paul