[Tagging] Golf wiki page

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Sat Jul 14 05:11:10 UTC 2018

While page is not the best... you seem to misunderstand part of it.

The "level" reference doesn't have anything to do the level tag. Or any tag at all. It's just saying there are 3 levels of detail at which a golf course can be mapped.

As for the "How short is the grass" section, while maybe not expressed in the best way, that looks generally correct to me.

golf=green or golf=tee_area has the shortest grass
nobody seems to map golf=fringe or golf=apron, so these should probably go
golf=fairway is slightly longer than the green, but still well maintained
golf=mown is hardly used, can probably go
golf=rough is the longer grass outside the fairway, it generally is still mowed, but noticeable longer
natural=scrub is for areas that are generally not longer mowed, so you get very long grass, some shrubs, ...
natural=wood, well, there are trees here
landuse=forest has no meaningful difference to natural=wood in this context and can go.

Generally speaking, you have areas for green, tee and fairway (green and tee are NOT inside the fairway), surrounded by rough, surrounded by scrub and/or wood.