[Tagging] Golf wiki page

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 22:36:22 UTC 2018

On 17 July 2018 at 06:31, Alan Grant <alangrant72 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But why do these discussions/controversies/ambiguities matter for golf
> courses? Are we talking about how to tag areas of tree cover that may exist
> between the fairways and greens?

No, I mentioned it because the golf course in question is "built" entirely
inside the boundaries of an area designated as "State Forest", which is
intended for logging purposes, so it renders on OSM as a light green patch
entirely covered by trees. Don't know what will happen if I then map tree
rows, bunkers, water hazards & so on - guess we'll have a small patch of
blue with trees in it as well?

>>> logging-related purposes

But doesn't the wiki say that landuse=forest is for managed forests,
intended for logging purposes (or similar wording - can't open it ATM for
some reason?), which this entire area is?