[Tagging] Golf wiki page

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 11:44:22 UTC 2018

> On 16 July 2018 at 08:56, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Use a multipolygon relation.
>>

> Thanks Paul, I'll give that a go when I get a chance.

the multipolygon relation is needed if you have to exclude something from
the inside of something else (or if you want to create (additional) polygon
objects from ways). If there is a nature reserve with a lake, you would not
want to exclude the lake, but if the reserve is a tree covered area, you
would want to exclude the lake. In other words: multipolygons should not be
used to fix rendering issues, they are for fixing data issues. In the case
of a "state forest", it is almost safe to assume that landuse=forest is not
the tag for all the areas (because those nature reserves tend to include
several landuses, there will not be trees everywhere in a state forest, I
guess).

Cheers,
Martin