[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - ephemeral -STOPPED

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:27:59 UTC 2018

On 18/07/18 13:02, Warin wrote:
> Voting stopped due to removal of section.

That was my bad. I'd been confused when I found three voting sections on
the page. From your email I had been expecting to vote twice, but when I
found three sections and noticed that you had only voted twice I had
assumed that the third vote was a cut-and-paste error.

I apologise, I should have read the third section much, much more
closely before deleting.

Having said that the third vote is a little redundant. The second vote
is "Optional voting on a default of intermittent=yes for the key
ephemeral" and the third vote is "Optional voting on requesting mappers
to add intermittent=yes to the key ephemeral". The only internally
logical votes are yes for two and no for three (or vice-versa). If you
vote yes/yes then you are saying the default for intermittent is yes but
you still have to add it. If you vote no/no then you are saying the
default value for intermittent is no but you don't have to add it for
ephemeral=*.