[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - ephemeral -STOPPED

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:58:41 UTC 2018

On 18/07/18 16:27, Andrew Davidson wrote:
> On 18/07/18 13:02, Warin wrote:
>> Voting stopped due to removal of section.
>
> That was my bad. I'd been confused when I found three voting sections
> on the page. From your email I had been expecting to vote twice, but
> when I found three sections and noticed that you had only voted twice
> I had assumed that the third vote was a cut-and-paste error.
>
> I apologise, I should have read the third section much, much more
> closely before deleting.

I should have made it clear.

> Having said that the third vote is a little redundant. The second vote
> is "Optional voting on a default of intermittent=yes for the key
> ephemeral" and the third vote is "Optional voting on requesting
> mappers to add intermittent=yes to the key ephemeral". The only
> internally logical votes are yes for two and no for three (or
> vice-versa). If you vote yes/yes then you are saying the default for
> intermittent is yes but you still have to add it. If you vote no/no
> then you are saying the default value for intermittent is no but you
> don't have to add it for ephemeral=*.

The last 2 votes are meant to be yes for one only,  as I said .. I
should have made that clear.
There is no compulsion to vote for the last 2, it is just 2 different
ways of doing the same thing.
So voting yes for one of the two will do the job.

I'll try a table and see how that looks .. the options side by side
might be a visual hint.