[Tagging] building=clubhouse

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 04:26:25 UTC 2018

On 19/07/18 13:52, Marc Gemis wrote:
> for the complete "base" of the club, the club page [1] recommends "The
> base of the club can be tagged amenity=community_centre with the type
> community_centre=club_home and possibly the target group
> community_centre:for=*; either on the containing building or the same
> element as the club itself."

It also says some thing about the grounds too ... so it may not be
'just' the building.
Arr here it is "Draw an area area
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Area>for the campus of the
community centre, comprising buildings and outdoor areas."
link https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dcommunity_centre

So a golf course would have this tag around the entire ground .. not
just the building. And that would be a duplication of leisure=golf_course.

I don't think that fits with golf courses .. and probably some other
clubhouses. So that recommendation is not valid for golf at least.

And for tagging the club=* yes .. I would do that on a node not the
building.. if necessary.
But I think anything I could place under the club tag I could also put
under the building tag?
link https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:club

The subject is building = clubhouse ... ?