[Tagging] Route maintenance tagging

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 06:50:18 UTC 2018

I would like some thoughts on the idea of tagging route maintenance. Long
hiking & cycling routes need regular maintenance. On the road, of course,
which is not our problem, but as a consequence they need re-surveying and
adapting the route relations to reality.

I am looking for a systematic approach to check all routes (in a particular
area) for need of maintenance.

Recording the date of the last survey in the route relation would allow
generation of a survey calendar. Not future survey, but actually performed
survey, of course. An ordered list would allow a choice of where to use
your effort most effectively.

This would also enable the operators of the routes to record and plan
systematic survey. At t he moment, some operators perform some systematic
surveys of some routes, but the majority is incident-driven, resulting in a
generally deplorable state of affairs...

Anyway, I think a simple note would not do the trick. How about a key
survey with subkeys survey:date, survey:result, survey:operator,
survey:note, ....

--
Vr gr Peter Elderson