[Tagging] waterway=fish_pass consistency

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:59:52 UTC 2018

On 17/07/2018 22:04, François Lacombe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A discussion has recently started about waterway=fish_pass here :
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:waterway%3Dfish_pass

Ignoring the wiki, what non-waterway tags are used for fish_pass in
OSM?  https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=fish_pass#values will
show the usage of the value, but I bet lots of local / different
language names are also in use.

> While writing
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Hydropower_water_supplies
> it was asked to not clutter waterway=* with spillway since it was a
> specific usage of a man made canal.

Indeed, but when I last looked waterway=spillway had enough usage in the
database for me to render it.  Not saying whether that's "correct"
tagging or not, but it was in use (at least a bit).

Best Regards,

Andy