[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - ephemeral -STOPPED

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 07:16:14 UTC 2018

On 20/07/18 05:45, François Lacombe wrote:
> Hi

> <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>>:
>

>     That does not allow for a combination .. e.g.
>
>     seasonal presence in winter
>     intermittent presence in spring;summer
>
>     The present practice of adding the tag intermittent to anything
>     tagged seasonal does not help at all for any chance of
>     combinations ... so OSM may as well abandon any hope of detailing
>     any complex situation.
>

> I think this is too variable, and then OSM isn't the best place to put
> kind of waterflow timeserie.
> water_permanance=intermittent should also reflect that water may be
> there occasionally without any fixed pattern.

water_permanence=seasonal ... would loose the specific season unless
there is an added sub tag of seasonal=winter ...
or if could be tagged

water_permanence=winter directly. I think that is better.

Any further ideas on a tagging proposal of
water_permanence=intermittent/seasonal/winter/summer/spring/autumn/ephemeral/*