[Tagging] Use of namespace as a Lifecycle

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 22:34:01 UTC 2018

On 25/07/18 02:00, yo paseopor wrote:
> Thank you for guide me to a project that...doesn't work at some times.
> You know now why my option is the one I have made.
>
> In addition to that. As the future does not exist these items with
> proposed also does not exist, doesn't? So these (~20.000) items: out
> of OSM please.
>
> The explanation also for disused is ok, but what about was: (~10.000)
> or abandoned: (~180.000) ? Are you telling me are these items now
> exists yet in OSM? Also this
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/41779143
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/41779143> ?
>
> I don't map anything that does not exists, the works to do the
> conservation of the sand has almost done. The parking is
> transformed.It is not a parking no more but is the same zone.It is not
> the first example you can find of that in OSM.
>
> Also I know in background OSM database does not erase anything!! (I
> have read it marks with non-visible tags or something like that) so
> there is no reason for losing the information we have now. It is
> present, it is real, and I invite you to visit this beautiful zone ;)

OSM in principle is for things that exist.

disused in OSM indicate that the feature is there, and can be easily
restored back into functioning condition.
abandoned in OSM means you can still see something of the feature there,
but it cannot be easily restored.

planning in OSM is strange. I don't map it. However some insist on
adding things in the 'planning stage' .. so this does provide for it.
Where construction has started on one end then I see the point of having
the rest of it as 'planned'.

But something that is no longer there? .. OHM is the place for that. OHM
is evolving and young, so there will be times where things are not so good.
I have moved some things out of OSM into OHM. And will continue to do so
where they are no longer on the ground.
Some things are historical even where they are still on the ground, I
copy those from OSM to OHM .. but leave them in OSM.