[Tagging] Documentation issues of PT tagging schemes

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 05:24:37 UTC 2018

On 25/07/18 14:58, Roland Olbricht wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> This would not be the bells and whistles method, but the bread and
>> water method. The basics that would have the routing working and the
>> map displaying things.
>
> See
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dbus_stop
> and
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dplatform
>
> Both wiki pages are up to date and pretty prefect. "Up to date" means
> that more than 90% of all public transport objects are mapped that way.

Those describe how to map a feature.

What I would like to see is how to map a Public Transport Route in
version 3 .. that has the bear minimum of things to have and the rules
that make the route valid.

I don't believe a platform is required for the minimum of a bus route.
Is a platform required for a minimum of a train route? I don't think so.