[Tagging] landuse=clearing

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 04:13:56 UTC 2018

On 28 July 2018 at 12:31, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the basic tag is trying to show that the surrounding area (usually
> trees) stops around this area. So why not tag the trees as a multipoygon
> and use these tagged clearings are inners? It would render unlike the
> 'clearing' and convey the information.
>
> These are all HOT armchair mapping so I have no concerns armchair mapping
> them back.
>
> A sample: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/539083160#map=16/8.4280/-8
> 3.3623
>

> Any thoughts?

I think you'd be right in saying that the multipolygon would look better,
but it would be easier to just do the =clearing.

& I notice that the example you put up was from "#YouthMappers #TexasTech"

Maybe a relatively inexperienced mapper, just trying to do as much as
possible, as quickly as possible?

Thanks

Graeme