[Tagging] landuse=clearing

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:31:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

Presently trying to reduce the number of these .. some 1,300 in the data
base.

In Cosata Rica around Parque Nacional Corcovada there are a vast number
of these. They have varying land covers, some of them mixed covers.

I think the basic tag is trying to show that the surrounding area
(usually trees) stops around this area. So why not tag the trees as a
multipoygon and use these tagged clearings are inners? It would render
unlike the 'clearing' and convey the information.

These are all HOT armchair mapping so I have no concerns armchair
mapping them back.

A sample: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/539083160#map=16/8.4280/-83.3623

Any thoughts?