[Tagging] British term for municipal greenery?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:29:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 10:11 PM, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> No need to tag the operator, it's just how it's collectively known here.
> In fact nobody knows or cares who actually takes care of it, as long as it
> is kept tidy by people in safety vests leaning on gardening gear and
> operating loud chainsawlike machines. People feel that using all kinds of
> different landuses for this, as now happens, is not right, when it’s
> actually one type of landuse with different landcover types.
> In which case you're not really asking how to tag municipal greenery, just
how to tag greenery that isn't in people's
gardens.  I'd still say use descriptive tagging and the fact that it's not
in somebody's garden explains what it is.  In
fact, all that matters is what it is, not where it is.  It's green and
might be pretty to look at. :)  That's what I've done around
my town where there are patches of greenery, like landcover=grass,
landcover=trees, etc.  If it's a park it's tagged as
a park, too.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20180604/826ded2a/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list