[Tagging] British term for municipal greenery?

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:50:43 UTC 2018

Op ma 4 jun. 2018 om 23:30 schreef Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 10:11 PM, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> No need to tag the operator, it's just how it's collectively known here.
>> In fact nobody knows or cares who actually takes care of it, as long as it
>> is kept tidy by people in safety vests leaning on gardening gear and
>> operating loud chainsawlike machines. People feel that using all kinds of
>> different landuses for this, as now happens, is not right, when it’s
>> actually one type of landuse with different landcover types.
>> In which case you're not really asking how to tag municipal greenery,
> just how to tag greenery that isn't in people's
> gardens.  I'd still say use descriptive tagging and the fact that it's not
> in somebody's garden explains what it is.  In
> fact, all that matters is what it is, not where it is.  It's green and
> might be pretty to look at. :)  That's what I've done around
> my town where there are patches of greenery, like landcover=grass,
> landcover=trees, etc.  If it's a park it's tagged as
> a park, too.

Problem is, landcover is not rendered. Nobody is going to retag for
notrendered. Probably never going to change.

> --
Vr gr Peter Elderson
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20180604/b67aff54/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list